- Stay Blessed is Right: This member of the clergy has a wet jumpshot, and this is something to keep your “Tempo Tuesday” going.
2. Is There Something To This? Take a look at this chart created by the Sport Source Analytics account, an account that does great work by the way, with regards to the breakdown of the T-30 schools in the FBS over the past ten seasons by total players. Seems pretty clear that some schools are doing more with less, while others seemingly cannot get out of their own way. Some of them reside in our state.
3. Well, DUH: It has not been a good run here in Tampa Bay for the Bucs and their general manager, and the fortunes must change this season, or as the first line in the article insinuates, his feeling of gratitude will be one of failure. This piece from the Tampa Bay Times could not ring the alarm any louder as the draft looms. https://www.tampabay.com/data/2019/04/23/jason-lichts-buccaneers-drafts-havent-been-good-and-theyre-getting-worse/
4. FLAG FOOTBALL RANKINGS: It’s Tuesday, which means we get to check with our local area flag football teams and see where things stand in the Floridahsfootball.com rankings. The top 2 spots in the all classes remained the same with Robinson and Riverview 1-and-2 respectively. Alonso moved up one spot to #5, while Bloomingdale moved up two spots to #11, and Osceola moved up four sports to #17. In the big class, Class 2A, it was Riverview remaining at #1, Alonso moving up to #3, Bloomingdale up three spots to #6, Steinbrenner dropping two spots, but still remaining well within the poll at #15, and unfortunately Newsome dropped out of this week’s poll. In Class 1A, the Lady Knights from Robinson have a stranglehold on their top spot, with the Lady Warriors of Osceola moving into the T-10 for the first time all season at #8. The Lady Eagles of Brandon fell three spots to #17, with the biggest movers of the entire week in the state, Southeast, moving up seven spots to #18. Right behind them is Tarpon Springs, who fell two spots to #19, while Crystal River remains in the T-25 at the #23 spot. We’d also like to welcome the Lady Dragons of Jefferson who entered the T-25 at the #24 position to give the area 7 teams in-total in this weeks rankings out of the 25 in the class. WELL DONE, LADIES!!
5. Operation Jerome Brown: Last item for today is the project that assistant AD Mark Lee has kicked off at Hernando High School. It’s a quest to install new turf and a few other REALLY COOL things to honor the late great Jerome Brown. Come for the description of the entire project, stay for the design and color scheme of the new field. IT WILL TURN HEADS. https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2019/04/23/turf-field-the-target-of-hernando-high/
6. Get To Know Brett Gerena