- Probably a Probability? The schedules came out last week for the NFL, and by the looks of things, at least based on this chart, that it will be a dark and stormy season in the sunshine state. That’s if you’re *completely* into statistical probabilities alone. As someone once said: “That’s why they play the games on the field”, right?
2. The Cost of Investing of Humans? Please read this article by ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler regarding the financial ties to simply prepping for a unique job interview such as the one that presents itself in the NFL: http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/30615/for-nfl-prospects-cost-of-getting-drafted-can-surpass-100k
3. Putting on for the Big Red: Checkout this vignette about Hillsborough’s Azeez Al-Shaair’s journey to getting drafted and why is “why” is so important to himself, his city, and most importantly, his family.
4. The Greatest Synergy Ever: Get ready to see quite a bit of Louis Hedley this season. He’s the University of Miami’s tatted, viral, 25-year-old punter from Australia. Nothing more needs to be said, other than read this profile by Adam Kramer of Bleacher Report. NOW. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832033-meet-louis-hedley-miamis-tatted-jacked-viral-25-year-old-aussie-punter
5. Merry (Spring) Christmas! Today marks the first day of non-contact participation for the 2019 Spring season for high school football. It’s one of the greatest rites of passage in this state, and is meant to represent the changing from the old to the new. With that comes new rule changes that folks from coaches to referees must adapt to, and here’s a quick primer courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-sp-hs-football-clock-rule-0419-story.html
6. He Just Gets It Done: Hunter Swetokos, East Lake High School, 2020, TE