- Baby Huey’s Revenge: It has been quite the morning in Bristol, Connecticut. While Stephen A. Smith was vociferously ripping Max Kellerman into shreds over his Lebron James double-talk, a turkey vulture was plotting his demise. While this digressed (or some will say progressed) into a hilarious opportunity to cover it like some sort of natural disaster or attack across various platforms, at the time of publication the turkey vulture has survived flying through a double pane window at what had to have been near 80mph to break that glass. And now you’ve learned why you don’t take those bad boys on when they’re chilling in the road. Free game from Florida Man.
2. Bay Area Ballin’: The Flag Football universe seems to be (per usual) centered in our region following the release of the Week 4 Rankings on Floridahsfootball.com Monday afternoon. Four teams in the T-10 in all classes with Robinson and Riverview at #1/#2 respectively, along with Steinbrenner and Alonso at #7/#9, and add the Lady Bulls from Bloomingdale at #17 to round out the T-25 representation in the two classes combined. Class 2A has six teams from the Bay Area on it with Riverview #1, then Steinbrenner (#5), Alonso (#6), Bloomingdale (#9), Newsome (#17), and Plant (#23). Class 1A has 5 teams on the list with Robinson at #1, then Brandon (#14), Osceola (#15), Tarpon Springs (#18), and Crystal River at #20.
3. When Life Gives You Lemons...: Irvington High School just outside of Newark isn’t exactly located in the land of milk and honey, so when boys basketball coach Elias Brantley was faced with coaching a group of kids who looked “haphazardly random” when representing the squad, he figured out how to solve that problem, and with the quickness. Maybe this influences several, if not, EVERYONE involved to think of various ways to fight the same problems we have here. https://usatodayhss.com/2019/elias-brantley-created-clothes-for-team-won-lifechanger-award
4. That’s Some Schedule You’ve Got There, Fellas: We’ve started to compile as many schedules we can find via social media, but one that we would like to kickoff this little feature comes from Duval County courtesy of Trinity Christian. The Conquerors are back in Class 3A this season after a couple of years in 5A, but somehow compiled a schedule that looks like the HSFB equivalent of the Champions League in Soccer. They only needed to schedule 9 games, and here’s why: 8/23 – at Lake City Columbia, 8/30 – at Tallahassee Godby, 9/6 – Jacksonville Ribault, 9/13 – American Heritage Plantation, 9/20 – Carol City, 10/3 – at Booker T. Washington, 10/11 – at Colquitt County (GA), 10/17 – Lee, 10/25 – at Raines. Bye Weeks on 10/7 and 11/1. Thursday games are @BTW in Traz Powell and Lee at home. Nicely done.
5. Jayden Bethea, Tampa Catholic High School, 2020, DL