Small taste of what we have learned so far (since January)…
– The offensive line is the strength of the 2014 recruiting class. In addition to Michigan commit, Mason Cole (East Lake), Isaiah Wynn, Lakewood and Corey Martinez, Tampa Catholic our coverage area has at least 13 more potential major BCS 2014 prospects on the offensive line.
– Pasco County has more legit college prospects than we originally expected. We have always liked Willie Barrett at Anclote, Nate Craig, Pasco and Davion Sutton at Fivay. However Land O’ Lakes Shaheed Salmon and the Carter brothers at Anclote have attracted our attention along with RJ Scaife and Malik Johns at Pasco and few Zephyrhills kids.
– Ray Ray McCloud is starting to turn heads. Work horse for Sickles during the 2012 season, balled at the Ignite Showcase in early February and won MVP honors at the most recent showcase he attended.
– East Lake’s Artavis Scott and George Campbell…”They are who we thought they were.” earned our number 2 and 3 ranking and will be fantastic this off season while attracting a ton of recruiting attention to East Lake in May.
– Northeast has an incredible crop of athletes highlighted by Ryan Davis and Dontario Fowler who are better than outsiders are aware of. Davis attracted plenty of early attention as a sophomore. But Fowler will be an extremely good recruit.
– Lakeland Christian has a few hidden gems. Rafael Pressley is an “can play any skilled position” prospect that will explode on to the radar this May.
– At this point, Hillsborough, Polk and Pinellas don’t have much separation when it comes to the QBs. Litton is the top of the class in Hillsborough, Ryan Davis looks to be that guy in Pinellas and Trey Congdon and Xavier Gaines in Polk. Robby Hicks should be interesting for Countryside. Christian Alexander will be big time for Lakeland Christian and Brad Mayes and Alex McGough will throw for a bunch of yards.
– There are about 4 Freshman that have a chance of being 4 and 5 star prospects when it is all said and done.
– Team Tampa has stacked up with two teams this year. But they didn’t grab all the talent. Partly do to the deep talent pool in our area and partly due to Team Unsigned Preps. Both teams have lots of skill and talent.
– Cordell Hudson is as good as they get at corner. He and Plant’s Mazzi Wilkins are really good talented prospects.
…more next week. The lessons have just begun. Stay tuned!