- Now THIS, is Ironic: According to the Knight Commission, one of–if not THE best think-tanks in the country when it comes to the study of collegiate athletics, academics, and everything else essentially when it comes to the business of college: Total athletics spending in 2017 was $8 Billion dollars. The 2018 numbers promise to be just as astonishing. So juxtapose that thought with “day in the life of” the NCAA Student-Athlete commercial playing in a spot that is built specifically for people to wager billions of dollars annually. Then look up the definition of irony.
2. The Bond Never Dies: This is why it’s so important that kids AND adults understand that the process is the process, and to jump ship before getting the chance to see the greater purpose is only self-harming. Sure, there’s exceptions to the rule. There are literally exceptions for EVERY rule on the planet, BUT they’re called *exceptions* NOT *always-happenings* for a reason. Case in point, read the circled quote from FSU Assistant (and most-important guy next to Coach Ham) about his seniors and his ball club in general after experiencing a gut-punch to end the season. If you knew *exactly*how to tell the future, then why haven’t you won the Powerball already, Captain Clairvoyant? Stop thinking you can predict the future, smash your crystal ball, and go create a bond like this team has, from top to bottom.
3. MORE SCHEDULES! – We’ve got 3 more schedules for the 2019 football season to get your appetites ready for spring. Starting up top with the regional finalists from Class 5A-R1, the Nature Coast Tech Sharks. They’ll hit I-75 and head down to Sarasota for their fall classic, then on 8/23: vs. East Lake, 8/30: vs. South Sumter, 9/6: vs. Springstead, 9/13: at Wiregrass Ranch, 9/20: at Brooksville Central**, 9/27: vs. Crystal River**. 10/4: at River Ridge, 10/11: vs. Weeki Wachee**, 10/18: at Citrus**, 10/25: at Hernando**, 11/1: bye
4. Schedule #2: Next on the agenda, is Wiregrass Ranch. The Bulls find themselves in a new district, but yet again are the only Pasco County team among Hillsborough County teams. Tampa Bay Tech, Armwood, and East Bay join the party this season along with some must-see in-county games, and even TWO really interesting Pinellas County matchups. Their fall classic will be their usual tilt with CCC on the 16th of August. Regular Season – 8/23: vs. Zephyrhills, 8/30: at Wesley Chapel, 9/6: vs. St. Petersburg, 9/13: vs. Nature Coast Tech, 9/20: vs. River Ridge, 9/27: at Armwood**, 10/4: bye, 10/11: at East Bay**, 10/18: at Land O’Lakes, 10/25: vs. Tampa Bay Tech**, 11/1: at Largo…
5. Schedule #3: Taking us into the weekend like their mascot, is Clearwater. The Tornadoes have a new district this season, and have added a couple of *really* juicy games to their schedule. Clearwater starts with King at home on the 16th and then – 8/23: vs. Palm Bay Heritage, 8/30: at East Lake, 9/6: vs. Jesuit, 9/13: at Largo**, 9/20: bye, 9/27: CCC, 10/4: at Pinellas Park, 10/11: at Countryside**, 10/18: vs. Seminole**, 10/25: Osceola**, 11/1: at Boca Ciega
6. Next Up at Venice: Nico DallaCosta, Venice , 2020, QB?