- THAT is how you pull a prank: Tom Brady’s “retirement” announcement for his first tweet was pretty good, and so was the U.S. Open in tennis announcing they will be hiring dogs to chase the tennis balls. But THIS one right here, courtesy of ESPN’s Twitter account is pretty solid to say the least….
2. Life After Jack Daniels: This isn’t what you’re thinking. No, this is not some sort of teaser for sobriety, but rather an interesting story out of south Florida regarding the successor at Dwyer High School following the legend, Coach Jack Daniels. It was nothing-short of a miracle to have pulled Wildwood out of the basement in his short time there, and his move to Garden City Community College in Kansas was peculiar at the time, but the Rolle Family is from the Bahamas (his brother is former FSU Myron Rolle) and being closer to home in the Palm Beaches makes a ton of sense. Given the reaction from former Panthers players, it actually was NOT a popular one. Read Adam Lichtenstein’s piece on what Rolle plans to do with that negative energy. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/fl-sp-dwyer-rolle-20190401-story.html
3. You Think We’ve Got Logistical Problems in Florida? – How about this one about two schools in Alaska–separated by 112 miles ONE-WAY–are having to merge football teams. This comes courtesy of Jeff Fisher at highschoolfootballamerica.com: https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/two-alaska-high-school-football-teams-112-miles-apart-will-merge/
4. SCHEDULE TIME! – Today’s first offering is Plant City. The Raiders have a new district and a gauntlet to run the entire season. 8/23: at Jesuit, 8/30: at Tampa Bay Tech, 9/6: vs. Gaither, 9/13: vs. Lakeland**, 9/20: at East Bay, 9/27: at Bloomingdale**, 10/4: Armwood, 10/11: at Strawberry Crest**, 10/18: vs. Kathleen**, 10/25: vs. Durant**, 11/1: bye week
5. SCHEDULE #2: The next one our list is Hernando. The Leopards are in 5A-8 this season, and will have some legit obstacles in their non-district games and will have a big test right out of the gate at home. Take a look at this really nice schedule the Leopards have put together. 8/23: vs. Lake Gibson, 8/30: at Eau Gallie, 9/6: vs. Lake Weir, 9/13: at Crystal River**, 9/20: vs. Wildwood, 9/27: at Weeki Wachee**, 10/4: at Springstead, 10/11: at Citrus**, 10/18: vs. Brooksville Central**, 10/25: vs. Nature Coast Tech**, 11/1: bye week
6. BCP PROSPECT: Darrion Robinson, Pasco, 2020, WR