- July Can’t Get Here Fast Enough: Save your hot takes about the change in cast. If you can’t get excited after this trailer, then check your pulse. At the very least you know the soundtrack will be ON POINT since you’d have to be tone deaf to screw up that masterpiece.
2. From Awesome, to AWESOME CHAOS: The XFL announced they are in testing of some potential changes to their overtime rules when the league debuts in early of 2020. Commissioner Oliver Luck, aka Andrew’s Dad, has said that the proposed rules look like this: Each team would have FIVE chances to convert a two-point conversion in the OT session. The defense would score a point with a turnover. That seems rather harmless, BUT IT GETS BETTER. According to Luck, 44 players will be on the field at the same time in the overtime session, with both teams offenses and defenses on opposite ends of the field. Strangely enough, this sounds sort of awesome. Comprehensively insane, but sort of awesome.
3. Overjoyed in Overtown: Cannot get enough of these types of stories. Especially involving young people displaying the oldest of souls. It may seem like a stretch, but this young man attends Mater Academy. While not a Catholic-affiliated school, and not even pronounced the same by the school’s admins and students, the word Mater is Latin for Mother. You probably already knew that, but there’s such a beautiful energy associated with that kind of context put with this kind of deed. https://wsvn.com/news/local/high-school-student-gives-free-haircuts-to-overtowns-homeless/
4. From Positive to Jaw-Dropping: They may not be located in our backyard, but imagine the potential fallout from two of Florida’s most-recognizable schools were to consolidate. And by fallout, we may absolute chaos. Understandably so, this proposal by the Duval County Schools was met with a ton of resistance when they announced Raines and Ribault could end up as one. Read more here—> https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20190409/proposed-raines-ribault-consolidations-draw-opposition
5. SCHEDULE TIME! Today’s installment comes courtesy of the Gators from Land O’Lakes. The Gators went 7-3 last season, and have a new district that sees just Pasco join them from the previous four years. Exit Mitchell, Springstead, and Sunlake; enter Fivay, Freedom, and Gaither. Also added are some pretty intriguing non-district games. Following their classic game at Zephyrhills on the 16th they face: 8/23–Pasco, 8/30–at Countryside, 9/6–at Mitchell, 9/13–Tampa Catholic, 9/20–at Sunlake, 9/27–Freedom**, 10/4–bye week, 10/11–at Gaither**, 10/18–Wiregrass Ranch, 10/25–at Fivay**, 11/1–Zephyrhills Christian
6. BCP PROSPECT: Demond Snyder, Tampa Catholic, 2021, SAF