- MESSAGE: This is going to get more traction as we get closer to the fall season, but Clemson is not messing around when it comes to anyone associated (player, recruit, or potential recruit) with their brand. The evidence? Their social media policy includes an entire department of folks dedicated to tracking activity on social media accounts, with emphasis on the athletes that are being recruited by the school. There’s a picture of it in this tweet, but to help this along, it shows a weekly report of the young man’s name, school, twitter handle, and then a report including all their twitter activity including what was tweeted about, whether or not they seem keen on coming to Clemson, and whether or not said content is questionable.
2. WADE COUNTY: The caption in this tweet pretty much sums it up unless you’re just a die-hard of (insert team they beat in the finals here), or you just don’t care. Both of which, is admirable, but breaking news, we are not, and we do….
3. SCHEDULE TIME! Today we’ve got a pair of squads with SEVEN, count ’em, 7(!) home games. That is, of course, unless good old technology between MaxPreps and Home Campus have failed and there’s been a glitch in the H/A designation, but the first one up that WE KNOW is good, are the Hurricanes from Manatee. The ‘Canes fins themselves in a new class, and with some heavy-hitters in Venice in their new 7A-10 district. Goes without saying the first four opponents are a doozy, but take a look at what lurks the first week of October and then the final 3-week run to the post. They’ll play Southeast in their fall classic, then: 8/23–Lakeland, 8/30–at Palmetto, 9/6–Braden River, 9/13–bye week, 9/20–at Kathleen, 9/27–Lakewood Ranch**, 10/4–Coconut Creek, 10/11–Sarasota**, 10/18–Kissimmee Osceola, 10/25–at Venice**, 11/1–Miami Jackson
4. SCHEDULE #2: The Bloomingdale Bulls. There’s a new (extra clean by the way) logo, and scheme to the helmets, and following last year’s success, an entirely new set of expectations to go with the excitement in Valrico. Also new this season, their district. Gone are Lennard, East Bay, and Tampa Bay Tech. Enter Lakeland, and Kathleen. Also, enter one of the toughest schedules you’ll find in Hillsborough County this season. The Bulls will travel to Winter Haven on the 16th and then: 8/23–Newsome, 8/30–bye week, 9/6–Armwood, 9/13–at Durant**, 9/20–at Plant, 9/27–Plant City**, 10/4–Tampa Bay Tech, 10/11–Kathleen**, 10/18–Lakeland**, 10/25–Strawberry Crest**, 11/1–at East Bay
5. Who is this kid? Jaydn Girard, Strawberry Crest, 2022, WR