- Start The Week Off The Right Way: If Friday’s 5 was little heavy, here’s the only way to remedy that situation on a Monday. No more context needed.
2. It’s Perspective Time, Folks: This is well worth 10 minutes and 15 seconds of your time. You never know who is going to be there to hold the mirror up to see what’s really going on. Please make some time for this and soak up the message. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FffKptMt3-c
3. The Curious Case of Bob Costas: No matter which side or source you get it from, this story is going to be highly discussed in the coming days, and with good reason. Getting fired, getting reassigned, or getting suspended for–insubordination, and direct insubordination at that, is one thing. Getting the heave-ho for something you ran by your bosses before even going on the air, and then said bosses allowing you to proceed with said opinion, adds a different wrinkle. It’s a longform piece, and we’ve already given you a 10-minute video to watch, but yeah, you should read this. http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25914913/inside-story-how-legendary-nfl-broadcaster-bob-costas-ended-excised-football-nbc-espn
4. Gotta Hear Both Sides?: There’s a lot to unpack in this article, but there are *some* valid points to be made, while *some* of the quotes in here raise more questions than anything else. This isn’t going away, and the more dialogue the better. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25967506/portals-waivers-future-college-football-free-agency
5. The Hero We Didn’t Know We Needed: Goodness gracious. This is a little excessive, but you-do-you, France. We understand this is, in fact, against the law, but instead of jail, how about actually sending him to a higher position of authority and get some folks thinking outside the box a little better, yeah? Just a thought. That kid’s got star potential with the right guidance. Also: kids DO NOT try this here. Seriously. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6652659/Teenager-jailed-buying-PlayStation-4-8-WEIGHING-paying-6lb-food.html