National Signing Day is just hours away. The day, which is the equivalent to Christmas in the high school football world; this day, prospects will sign their Letter of Intent, ending their recruiting process and contractually becoming student athletes of their respective University.
Around the BCP Area, there are still some lingering questions that will arise.
1. Reilly Gibbons, St. Pete Catholic OT was committed to the University of Miami the entire 2013 season. Just days ago he flipped to the Stanford. We as well as the University of Miami are scratching our heads. What happened here?
2. Kathleen WR, Javon Harrison has been committed to Virginia Tech since his sophomore season. However he has expressed interest in Florida State throughout the 2013 football season. Harrison is still committed to the Hokies, but said he will announce his decision on Signing Day. That sounds like he will be choosing between more schools other than just the school he is currently committed to
3. The recruiting trail warmed up for Wharton QB Chase Litton during the summer. But seems to have cooled after he decommitted from South Florida. Things have been quit, focused on basketball season, who will Litton sign with on Wednesday?
4. Will Tajee Fullwood, Tampa Bay Tech CB sign with USF? Fullwood will be playing in the 2014 International Bowl on Feb. 7-8 at the University of Texas-Arlington’s Maverick Stadium. Fullwood started to waiver earlier in the season, but stayed committed to the BULLS. A few schools are in the running. Is USF still his choice?
5. A tweet from Michael Carvell this morning read “
“Will #UGA DB commit Kendall Gant flip to Marshall? Or stick with UGA & try to get test scores up? http://t.co/Fxc1T35pZR
2/4/14 7:35 AM”
6. One of our best corners, Chavez Pownell is still available. He has some solid lower division 1 offers and good 1AA offers. Where will he sign?
7. Maurice Hall, Gibbs is no longer a UCF commit and his recruitment has been quit by design. Where will he sign?
8. Which Florida School will have the best signing class from the BCP Area? FAU will sign players like Hunter Snyder (East Lake) and Devin Santana (Sickles). FIU should have a good class with Alex McGough (Gaither), Fred Russ (TBT) and John Broome (Plant City). Corey Martinez (Tampa Catholic) will be the lone FSU signee unless Javon Harrison joins him. Florida gets on the board with Justus Reed (CCC) and flipping Deiondre Porter (Jefferson) previous committed to South Florida. Miami has none after Reilly Gibbons (SPC) flipped to Stanford. South Florida signees should be Mazzi Wilkins (Plant), Devin Abraham (East Lake) already on campus, Juwuan Brown (Jefferson) and hopefully for USF fans, Tajee Fullwood stays a Bull.