A heartfelt congrats to Seffner Christian’s Brylee Bartram for breaking the national high school record for 3-pointers for the ladies with 10 on the evening! Her 504 leaves her just 16 shy and 17 to break the all-time record for both the girls and the boys. She averages 7 per game, and with Clearwater on the schedule tomorrow night and Shorecrest in the district tournament on Tuesday, that record is destined to fall in less than a week!
- TURN UP!: It’s Super Bowl Eve-Eve, so let’s give you 5 things related to the big game this Sunday, shall we? The list of the four schools to have at least three starters in the big game since its inception might surprise you to a certain degree. Number four on that list is Purdue, with Len Dawson, Bob Griese, and Drew Brees reppin’ the Boilermakers. The first of two schools with three, is Alabama with Bart Starr, Joe Namath, and Ken Stabler. Notre Dame checks in with Daryle Lamonica, Joe Montana, and Joe Theismann. The leaders in the clubhouse? Cal-Berkeley. Joe Kapp, Craig Morton, Vince Ferragamo, and then Aaron Rodgers, and now Jared Goff.
- Your Math Sounds Like Common Core: In an interview this week during media days, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels said they have a room at their stadium for coaches to sleep with float tanks that simulate 4-5 hours sleep in 40 minutes. Hmmm. You know what 4-5 hours of sleep is? It’s actually 240-300 minutes. Stop science-ing so hard, people. Stop cheating yourselves of the greatest luxury on the planet. The 240-300 MINUTE afternoon nap.
- FUN FACTS: Here’s a nice little article that breaks down one of the wonders of the architectural world, Mercedes-Benz Stadium: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fun-facts-mercedes-benz-stadium-by-the-numbers/912688587
- The Rams are Tampa’s Team: Nickell Robey Coleman (Frostproof), Ramik Wilson (Jefferson), Tyler Higbee (East Lake), Dante Fowler Jr (Lakewood), Sam Shields (Booker) are all locals on the Rams Roster. Add Lemarcus Joyner from Aquinas and Darious Williams from Jacksonville Creekside and you get quite the representation from the Sunshine State. The Patriots have Albert Mclellan from Kathleen locally, then have UF/Dixie County’s Duke Dawson, American Heritage’s Sony Michel, Immokalee’s J.C. Jackson, and James White from St. Thomas Aquinas. Nearly all twelve of these dudes could see significant action on Sunday as well. Isiah Wynn is on the Patriots’ IR at this time.
- Who Likes Pie?: Better question–who doesn’t? Those folks can’t be trusted if so. Here’s some pie charts on the relationship that HSFB recruiting ultimately has on the Super Bowl.