We understand the daily post keep followers coming back. Nevertheless, if you look deeper into the Record Books, you might be impressed with some of the factual information provided.
Today we would like to feature our ever growing TEAM HISTORY pages. We have listed the yearly records, coach and championships for each area team and more dating back as far as we can find them. Some records go back to the 1940s.
Check out a few of these interesting facts when evaluating a few Team History Pages:
- Plant – Head coach Robert Weiner has missed the playoff just once. 2004…which was his first season as a head football coach and at Plant.
- Brooksville Central – No head football coach has spent more than seven years at Central.
- Armwood – 200 plus wins for former and legendary coach Sean Callahan. Plenty of double digit win seasons. Believe it or not, Armwood had some rough years.
- Southeast – former and long time head coach Paul Machtle did not have a sub .500 season until is final season in 2013 (3-7).
- Gulf – Football established in 1930. Our records date back to 1943 and Gulf has never earned a district championship.
- St. Petersburg Catholic – Formerly Notre Dame Academy (girls)/Bishop Barry (boys)
- Frostproof – Every Frostproof head coach since Faris Brannen has guided at least one of their teams to the playoffs.
- Booker T. Washington – 2017 will be the first year the Tornadoes have missed the playoffs since 2001.
- Dr. Phillips – The Panthers won 7-9 games each of the first five years the school was established ( 1987).
- Venice – Before current head coach John Peacock took over in 2007, the Indians were not as good. No coach in school history has had a run like the current one.