WINTER HAVEN VS. KATHLEEN
- The strength of the Winter Haven team is the offensive line and depth at Running Back. The massive offensive line allows for the Blue Devils to consistently push around the opponents front 7. Behind OL Mike Arnold, Romello Sekura and others, the running backs have been very successful moving the chains and scoring points for the offense.
- QB Darian Mills will need to keep progressing as a playmaker and passer for Winter Haven. Mills is only playing his 6th varsity game as a QB, transitioning from corner back. He is a better passer than expected and makes good decisions with the football.
- The Blue Devil defense has to stop the Kathleen Big Play. Javon Harrison is one of the most explosive players in our area. Winter Haven can not afford to give up electric plays to Kathleen.
- The Red Devils played very good on defense last week vs. Ridge. The linebackers and defensive line are getting good pressure on the opponents’ ball carriers. They have to play even bigger versus a massive Winter Haven offensive line.
- The offense is really thriving off the BIG PLAY. Kathleen would like the defense to fall asleep trying to stop the run and then make them pay with a timely pass resulting in a big play.
- Just as Winter has QB Darian Mills, Kathleen QB, Kevin Wilson will need to keep progressing as a playmaker and passer for the Red Devils. Wilson is only playing his 6th varsity game as a QB, transitioning from safety. He is a better passer than expected and makes good decisions with the football.
- Kathleen must make Winter Haven QB beat them with his arm. Don’t allow Winter Haven’s run game to have any success. That’s their strength.
LAKEWOOD VS. LARGO
- The offense is simple, GET THE PLAYMAKERS THE BALL. What makes that concept work, the number of playmakers Lakewood has. Their depth at the receiver position is like no other. Really, no joke, they are about 7 deep at the position. All who can makes things happen.
- Because the offense has received much of the attention, the defense has not received their fair share of the publicity. The Spartan defense is better than the offense right now. DE Malik Brown and company have only allowed 11 points per game this year.
- If Lakewood can not stop Largo RB, Jarvis Stewart, it will be a long night for the Spartan faithful.
- No matter how many ways you try to slice it, RB Jarvis Stewart is the main man at Largo. When he is on, the offense is near unstoppable. It is crucial that the Packers establish the run early. This will open up the pass game and allow for Largo to make big plays.
- Raheem Harvey, Cordell Hudson and Reggie Campbell are a sweet trio. Able to create plays in small spaces and stretch the defense.
- The Packers have to get pressure on Lakewood QB, Ryan Davis. Davis is nimble, fast and crafty with his feet. But Largo has the athletes to prevent scrambles for big yards. They need Davis to pass the ball while in motion. Not with his feet set after reading the defense.
- Take away the pass and force Lakewood to win the game with the run.