Tampa, Florida – Tampa Catholic hosted rival Jesuit tonight in a battle of the two premeir catholic high schools in Hillsborough County. Jesuit came in owning a 16 game win streak versus Tampa Catholic with the Crusaders hungry to break the streak.
Scoring and Key Moments
- Jesuit ATH Travell Harris starting off the scoring for both teams with a 35 yards screen pass to the house on Jesuit’s first possession of the game. Jesuit 7 TC 0 1Q
- Jesuit forced Tampa Catholic to punt…a short punt at that setting Jesuit up in great field position. Short drive ending in a short Malik Davis TD rush. Jesuit 14 TC 0 1Q
- Auburn commit Devan Barrett would put Tampa Catholic on the board with a thunderous run through the heart of the Tiger defense for 65 yards. Jesuit 14 TC 7 1Q
- Midway through Q2 Jesuit mishandled a punt and Tampa Catholic recovered. After a lengthy drive, TC QB Austin Sessums had a pass tipped and eventually intercepted. Malik Davis broke a long run for 60 yards and then Jesuit QB Danny Boon had a passed tipped which was eventually intercepted by USF CB commit Bentlee Sanders.
- Ahmarean Brown was a tough cover tonight. Sessums hit him for a big 50 yard pass which set up a scoring opportunity for TC but would end with a fumble through the end zone resulting in a touchback for Jesuit. Malik Davis busted another big run setting up K Lamden Bauman for a 3 pointer headed into halftime. Half Jesuit 17 TC 7
- Travell Harris opened up half with a big KOR to midfield. Jesuit progressed the drive which ended with a missed field goal attempt by Lamden Bauman.
- Malik Davis scored on a 87 yard TD run at the 5:19 mark in Q3. Jesuit 24 TC 7
- Lamden Bauman would hit another 3 pointer at the start of Q4 and Tampa Catholic answered with a J. Brown short TD run after a 48 yard pass to Corbett from Sessums. Jesuit 27 TC 14 Q4
- Malik Davis busted a huge 65 yard run in the Q4 but was negated due to a holding penalty. Very next play Jesuit ATH Travell Harris scored his 2nd TD and final score of the night. FINAL 34 TAMPA CATHOLIC 14
- UNOFFICIAL STAT OF THE GAME: Malik Davis Jesuit (Florida commit) RB 27 carries, 330 net rushing yards and 2TDs. 1,015 rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs versus Tampa Catholic in his four year career.